4 Best Bosch Lawn Mower Reviews 2022
Bosch are a brand that has been around for years, and as such they have gained significant experience in the field. Bosch is one of those brands that you can always rely on to produce quality products at reasonable prices. Bosch show us how their expertise translates into cutting-edge features and performance. Bosch knows what it takes to deliver a quality product, which is why we’ve compiled this list of Bosch lawn mower reviews!
Today, Bosch employs nearly 400,000 people worldwide and has assets worth nearly $100 billion. When you consider that Robert Bosch started the company in his own backyard with little more than a few ideas about how to make a better ignition system for stationary engines, that’s quite a success story.
A year after starting his company Bosch received his first patent, and in 1902 one of the engineers working for Bosch invented the first viable spark plug for automotive engines. By 1910 the company had operations in Asia, Africa, Australia and the US and was generating nearly 90% of its income outside of Germany.
Robert Bosch died in 1942 and never saw his company diversify into consumer goods (power tools, lawn mowers and the like). But diversified the company did and by the late 20th century it held a significant share of the German and UK lawn mower market. While they have met stiffer competition in the US from giants like John Deere and Black+Decker, they have nonetheless carved out a solid position in the American market.
To almost no one’s surprise Bosch also pioneered the development of robotic lawn mowers and is today considered one of the leaders, if not the outright leader, in that technology.
Where are Bosch Lawn Mowers Made?
All Bosch lawn mowers sold in the US are made in Mexico, but Bosch’s manufacturing history is a bit more complicated than that. The Bosch company has been around for over 130 years and during all of that time they have maintained operations both outside Germany (in Spain) and within Germany itself. As such it would be more accurate to say that Bosch lawn mowers are made in Europe, but the company has been slowly shifting production from Germany and Spain to Mexico over the past few years.
4 Best Bosch Lawn Mowers
1) Bosch Rotak 34 R Electric Rotary Lawnmower
The Bosch Rotak 34R lawn mower is one of the best electric lawn mowers on the market today in the UK. It offers stupendous value for money and is so easy to operate. This particular model is slightly larger than the Bosch Rotak 32R as it has a 34 cm cutting width instead of a 32 cm one.
The Bosch Rotak 34 is powered with a 1300 watt motor and utilises a sharp, durable metal blade for reliable cutting every time. The blade itself is extremely easy to sharpen as well. This mower boasts five different cutting heights from 20 mm to 70 mm so that you can have full control over how your lawn looks after you mow it. The cutting height can be adjusted using a lever mounted on the front of the body of the lawn mower. It is very smooth and easy to operate. In addition to these great features, it also has an integrated rear roller to give your lawn a professional, striped finish.
- The cutting width of this particular model is 34 cm
- Six cutting heights are available on this particular model ranging from two cm to 7 cm
- The grass collection box included with purchase of this model has a capacity of 40 litres as well as handles that can be folded down for easy storage
- Rear roller as well as a safety switch for added peace of mind
- Grass comb for easy edge trimming
- Foldable handles for easy and compact storage
- Integrated body handle for easy transportation and decreased operator strain
- Sharpened steel cutting blade
- Cutting width: 34 cm
- Cutting height: five settings from 20 mm to 70 mm
- Grass box capacity: 40 litres
- Weight: 11.1 kg
- Power drive motor: 1300 watts.
2) Bosch Indego S+ 350 Robot Mower Review
The Indego S+ 350 is a smart and autonomous robotic lawnmower which has very unique smart technology incorporated in the lawnmower. This will make sure your lawn is mown logically and efficiently and this can all be done via the Bosch Home & Garden app on your smart phone or device from wherever you may be.
- The Bosch Inbdego 350 robotic lawnmower. Connect is an easy and convenient way to achieve a pristine looking lawn. The compact garden helper is particularly time saving thanks to its connectivity feature which enables you to control the Indego 350 Connect via a smart device app no matter where you are.
- It has the ability to cut a lawn with a maximum size of 350 Sqm.
- Once put into operation, it works all by itself. Which means manoeuvring around obstacles and going back to charge on its own. It features an ‘auto’ calendar function making the Indego 350 even more time-saving as it allows comfortable scheduling of mowing times.
- Moreover, thanks to logicut the Indego takes into account the shape and size of your lawn for calculating the most efficient route to mow and it remembers where it has already cut.
- With the Indego 350 connected, lawnmowing becomes a breeze as you even don’t need to be at home to control the robotic lawnmower. Just use the smart device app provided by Bosch and make sure that your lawnmower does the job – whether you stay on your sofa, are at work or enjoying your holiday.
- The mulching system removes the need for any grass collection as the grass clippings are used to feed the soil, which helps to provide ample nutrition for the grass to ensure a great looking lawn.
- Varying the cutting direction for every new cutting session helps to keep your lawn healthy.
- Lawn Mower features: Metal blade.19cm blade width.3 cutting heights – Cutting heights ranging from 3cm-5cm.
- You also get the Safety switch and it has a 0.75 hour recharge time and the weight is 7.5kg – you also get the manufacturer’s 2 year guarantee.
- Dimension – 44.5 cm x 36.4 cm x 20.2 cm / 17.5″ x 14.3″ x 8″ (length x width x height)
- Weight – 7.6 kg (16.76 lbs)
- Max cutting area – 350 m² (0.087 ac.)
- Incline – 15° (27 percent)
- Battery pack – 18 V 2.5 Ah lithium-ion battery
- Mowing time – 30 min (avg.)
- Charging time – 45 min (avg.)
- Cutting width – 19 cm (7.48″)
- Cutting height – 30-50 mm (1.18″ to 1.97″)
- Cutting height positions – 3
- Volume level – up to 63 dB
3) Bosch Rotak 43 LI-2 Ergoflex Cordless Rotary Mower
The Rotak 43 LI Ergoflex is packed full of incredible features to ensure you get a pristine lawn every time. The mower comes with two powerful 36 volt/2.6Ah Lithium-Ion batteries. Featuring innovative grass combs, this lawnmower is able to easily cut up to or over the edge of your lawn giving a more thorough cut. It has a full 43 cm cutting width, ideal for large sized lawns and offers a range of adjustable cutting heights, from 20 to 70 mm.
- The Bosch Rotak 43 LI Ergoflex with its hardened steel blade and a LeafCollect function makes cutting large lawns easier, even when the lawn is full of debris, weeds and leaves. Its 99% collection rate allows a clean cut, thanks to its innovative airflow technology.
- It has an extended running time lithium-ion battery offering the user freedom to mow in places without mains power. Thanks to its extended grass combs and rubber-coated wheels, cutting up to the edges of planting beds and fences is simple.
- This cordless lawnmower is ideal for large gardens with obstacles such as trees.
- In addition to its optimal cutting performance and debris collection, the cordless Rotak 43 LI Ergoflex lawnmower features a hardened steel blade and innovative airflow technology.
- The efficient and new PowerDrive LI + system delivers consistently high torque for simplified mowing in all conditions.
- Benefit from outstanding ergonomics thanks to its AGR certified Ergoflex handles. Extended grass combs and rubber-coated wheels enable the Rotak 43 LI Ergoflex to cut close to the edges of obstacles.
- Save trips emptying grass clippings with the 50-litre grass box and adjust cutting heights using a simple handle.
- Enjoy the freedom to reach the far corners of the garden without extension cords with this long running lithium-ion battery powered lawnmower. Cut grass along the edges of walls and flowerbeds effortlessly with the Rotak 43 LI Ergoflex’s extended grass combs.
- Save time tidying up after mowing thanks to a 99% collection rate and its large capacity, 50-litre grass box with handle for easy emptying.
- With a simple handle, choose from six different cutting heights – no tools required. What’s more, its adjustable Ergoflex handles offer excellent handling that is also easy on the back and shoulders.
- The 36 V/4.0 Ah EC motor PowerDrive LI+ with high torque and charge level indicator offers an efficient yet powerful solution to green keeping.
- Featuring a hardened and sharpened steel blade, the Rotak 43 LI cordless lawnmower offers a full 43 cm cutting width and six cutting heights ranging between 20 – 70 mm.
- Included with a charger, the lithium-ion battery is fully charged in 140 minutes or 80% charged in 70 minutes.
- The 13.9 kg lawnmower is exceptionally easy to assemble, tool-free, with its new QuickClick handle system.
- Its AGR certified Ergoflex handles make for excellent handling, even in difficult conditions.
4) Bosch AHM 38G Manual Cylinder Mower
This Bosch lawnmower (find it here)is very well made overall, only to be expected from a well respected manufacturer like Bosch. The cylinder has five blades, which gives a reasonably fine cut. It is thirty eight centimetre wide, which covers the ground fairly quickly, but is very easy to control around tight corners and obstacles. The rear roller gives a striped finish, and the rolling action helps to control moss and thatch. The only downside being that the roller is narrower than the wheels, making it difficult to cut close to edges.
The grass box has a reasonable twenty five litre holding capacity, but is the only downside in the mower’s quality as it is light weight plastic, and is easily dislodged from its mountings on any uneven ground. Take note Bosch, this could be improved.
The high geared side wheels make the mower very easy to push, so not too tiring even on slopes or decent sized lawns. The cutting height is variable from 15 mm to 43 mm, which I would consider to be a good range to cover most lawn owners requirements over the year.