How to Choose the Best Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
An electric lawn mower cordless is the type of mower that uses electricity as a motor rather than gas. It has an electric powered system to move its rotary blades along the ground to cut grass, vines or brush. A cordless lawn mower is battery operated. They are typically easy to use and do not release any kind of emission.
How to choose a cordless lawn mower?
The first thing should be considered is the size of your yard and how much grass you have to cut. Then after that, you should consider the battery type and the number of batteries. Also consider your budget and brand options.
Advantages of the cordless lawn mower
- A wireless or electric lawnmower doesn't need gas or oil, and they are environmentally friendly.
- They are more ecological than gasoline engine driven mowers. There is no exhaust gas, nor noise.
- You can use them even in fenced or semi-fenced areas where other mowers cannot pass because of the fence or vegetation.
- A cordless lawn mower does not pollute the environment.
- It is simply a better alternative to a gas powered lawnmower.
How to use your new, cordless, battery-powered, rechargeable electric lawnmower properly
- Use an extension cord to plug in the electric lawn mower.
- Start from a nearby outlet, not on the other end of the yard.
- If you're using an extension cord, use one that is heavy duty and avoid placing it near trees or bushes where it can easily get tangled up in vegetation.
- Slightly overlap the previous cut line.
- Avoid cutting tall grass all at once, as this will cause the electric lawn mower to strain and stall.
- Overlap each pass you make by about 25% to ensure an even cut throughout the entire length of the cordless lawn mower's path.
- Charge your electric lawnmower cordless once the battery starts getting low.
- Wait for a dry and sunny day to mow your lawn.
- Check the blade before using it and make sure there are no rocks or sticks stuck in between, which could damage your lawn mower cordless.
- Keep the electric lawn mower cordless out of the reach of children and pets, as they can be injured by it. - Maintain your electric lawnmower by removing any grass or dirt from the exterior.
- Make sure there's no debris on top of or stuck inside the cordless lawn mower.
- Always look out for any damage to the electrical cord before using it, and don't let it come in contact with water. - Clean the blade of your electric lawnmower by removing any grass or dirt from its exterior after each use.
- Place back on the charger when finished using.
- Disconnect the extension cord before starting your lawn mower.
- Turn off the power switch on your electric lawn mower when not in use, especially if it's stored in a shed or garage.
- Keep the cordless lawnmower away from water by placing it under an eave or overhang.
Top 5 Best Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
1. Greenworks 17-inch Cordless Lawn Mower
Finding a top-of-the-notch electric lawnmower is certainly a challenge, especially if you don't even know where to start. Sometimes you don't know whether to go for a cordless or a corded one, and things can get even trickier if you have no clue of which brand to trust.
However, products by Greenworks are always a top choice, especially if you're looking for a high-quality mower that lasts a long time and offers you unmatched power to trim your grass. With the 17-inch Cordless Lawn Mower, you can get all the aforementioned qualities and even more.
The 17-inch Cordless Lawn Mower is extremely easy to use. If you're a beginner, you can quickly assemble it and start moving it through your lawn as you trim the grass and get rid of all the weeds you can lay your eyes on.
Additionally, its lightweight deck makes it a perfect model for people who don't want a heavy model since it's ideal to maneuver through small and medium-sized yards. Thus, if you don't have a big lawn, the 17-inch Cordless Lawn Mower might be ideal for you to make your grass look amazing.
Gas lawn mowers might be useful, but they also harm the environment with the fumes they emit. Nonetheless, you don't have to worry about that with an electric mower since it does not emit anything at all. You can simply charge the battery the 17-inch Cordless model has, and in 120 minutes, you can start mowing your grass!
2. Cordless Lawn Mower by DSF
Having a two-in-one lawn mower is a great choice if you want to make the most out of the product's features and ensure you spend the money on a useful item. Thus, the Cordless Lawn Mower by DSF is a fantastic option to go for! The Cordless Lawn Mower by DSF has two different options: you can either bag or mulch your grass. With this model, you can alternate between its features to give your grass an incredible neat look – you can have everyone's desired lawn!
You never need to worry about tough conditions if you buy DSF's Cordless Lawn Mower since it's specially made for that as well. Its blades are made of manganese steel, which means you can use them to trim your grass and get rid of the most challenging nasty weeds even when the weather is against you. Keeping a neat yard is hard, even if yours is small or medium-sized. With the Cordless Lawn Mower, you can ensure your lawn is perfectly trimmed at all times because its powerful blades give you relentless cutting power.
The Cordless Lawn Mower uses a 36V 4AH lithium battery to power up, which is why you can use the mower for a long time before having to replace its power source. You can forget about any fume emissions or maintenance with this model, and you can buy the battery replacements from the same brand!
Lastly, with the Cordless Lawn Mower, you get six different cutting heights to choose from. Therefore, you can give your yard a unique style as you use the mower to perfectly trim it the way you want!
3. Troy-Bilt 12AVA2MR766 Mower
With the Troy-Bilt Electric Mower, you can mow with precision. This self-propelled electric mower is battery-powered, so you are not restricted by a cord. The engine is a Briggs and Stratton, and the mower has a 48V lithium-ion battery.
It has a cutting width of 21 inches, and an adjustable deck height feature that improve its functionality. You can adjust the height of the deck in seven different ways.
This mower has a three-in-one deck design that allows for mulching, bagging, and side discharge. It also has intelligent load sensing technology that limits the quantity of energy used while mowing, enabling you to be as energy-efficient as possible while mowing your lawn.
The Troy-Bilt electric mower is automatic and user-friendly. Push a button, and the mower roars to life, letting you cut your lawn without the hassle of a cord. The 1.9-bushel rear bag helps to collect grass clippings, making cleanup and composting much easier.
Its deck wash adaptor simplifies maintenance by allowing you to rinse off grass clippings from the bottom of the deck with a standard garden hose, and the wide cutting width makes it quick and easy to trim your lawn. However, you should note that the battery does need to be charged several hours before the mower can be used.
The Troy-Bilt is an American-made lawnmower powered by a Briggs and Stratton 159cc OHV engine. It has a three-in-one variable speed front wheel drive, which makes it much easier to control, and a TriAction cutting system gives your lawn a groomed look.
- Easy to use
- TriAEasy to usection cutting system
- Bagel to collect grass clippings
- Foldable for vertical storage
- Desk wash adaptor
- Suitable for smaller yards
- The battery needs to be charged
4. Snapper 1687914 Battery Powered Electric Mower
The two-battery version of the Snapper doubles the cutting capacity of the mower of a single fully charged battery. As a result, the Snapper is appropriate for a large suburban yard, as it gives you improved performance time. It earns extra points for excellent bagging performance.
Its familiar bale engages the mower's rear-wheel drive, and a simple lever lets you adjust the machine's ground speed. The machine stores smartly in the garage thanks to an easy-to-use fold-forward handle. Bag installation and removal are done straight up and down the handle.
The Snapper has an innovative design that is ideal for saving storage space. Its handles fold flat at the deck, allowing for highly convenient vertical storage. Because of the arched design of the handles, grabbing the self-propelled gear lever requires removing one of your hands from the handle, which isn't very convenient.
This is because the distance between the lever and handles is too great. One of the features that sets this mower apart is its seven cutting heights. You'd be fortunate to get five cutting sizes with other cordless lawnmowers.
While the machine may be easy to charge, start, and mow the lawn with, the distance between the gear lever and handle makes it a lot less user-friendly, and is something the brand can improve on.
Because this mower is a self-propelled model, it handles a lot better than bulky gas-powered versions. However, the most exciting feature is that it has an intelligent load sense, which means that it can adjust the power as needed, making it more economical. It has variable speed and is extremely quiet. Lower noise levels are one of the benefits of going cordless, so this is a welcome change from noisier gas lawnmowers with high maintenance needs. The Snapper has an 82V Briggs and Stratton lithium-ion battery, and its 1200-watt motor gives it a good run time.
- Versatile cutting options
- Variable speed drive
- Includes batteries and charger
- Seven cutting heights
- Gear level is too far away from the handles
- Heavier than other electric mowers
5. Remington RM4060 Cordless Lawnmower
This Remington cordless mower is composed of rust-resistant, 21-inch durable steel, and is equipped with an easy-to-use push start button that gets you moving in no time. Unlike other cordless models that must be charged for several hours, Remington's 82V batteries are charged in just 166 minutes.
The mower has a sleek design, made with durable steel, and includes seven-inch front wheels and 11-inch rear wheels. It is a walk-behind mower with a 21-inch cutting deck, and a dual-lever height adjustment feature, as well as six cutting positions for cutting any grass type down to size.
This powerful mower from Remington is user-friendly and gets started at the push of a button. However, it is designed primarily for smaller yards, so if you intend to use it on larger plots, you may have to make several trips to a power source to charge and replace batteries, which is inconvenient.
With two 82V Briggs and Stratton batteries, this Cordless Self-propelled Lawnmower gives you the power you need to trim all types of grass to give your yard or garden a neater, more groomed look. It has a variable pace function, so self-propelling is more secure with this model. You can select the precise speed necessary to mow your lawn effectively.
The two batteries come with a quick-charge charger, and may provide you with a longer runtime if you change batteries after one starts to lose charge. A second battery should be sufficient for a small lawn or garden. However, after swapping the batteries, you can begin charging the low one with the quick-charge charger if you need to mow a larger area.
- Load sensing technology
- Two batteries and a quick-charge charger included
- Durable exterior
- Quieter model
- More challenging to maneuver than other models
- Not suitable for larger areas
Tips for using your power tool safely and efficiently
- Make sure to wear eye protection when using an electric lawn mower cordless.
- Make sure you know where the replacement blades are before sharpening them yourself, as they can be dangerous if not handled correctly.
- Remove any rocks or objects from the path of your electric lawn mower to avoid damaging it.
- Maintain your cordless lawnmower by removing any grass or dirt from its exterior after each use.
- Clean the blade of your cordless lawn mower by removing any debris off its exterior after each use.
- Keep the extension cord at least 10 feet away from the mower to avoid accidental damage.
- Keep your hands and feet away from the blade of the cordless lawn mower while it's running.
- Make sure to wear protective clothing and personal protective equipment when using an electric lawn mower cordless.
- Disconnect the extension cord before starting your electric lawn mower, and never allow it to come in contact with water.