The Best Time to Buy a Lawn Tractor
Whatever time of year it is, somebody always needs a lawn tractor. Lawn tractors are versatile and necessary pieces of equipment for those who have a medium to large sized yard that requires regular maintenance. However, like with any big purchase, it is important to know when the best time to buy is. This blog post will give you some tips on when is the best time to buy a lawn tractor.
The first thing you need to think about is what kind of tractor you need. Different types of lawn tractors serve different purposes. For example, if you have a hilly backyard, you might want to get a mower with 4-wheel drive because it can handle the terrain better. If you have a lot of leaves in your yard in the fall, you might want to consider getting a mower with a bag attachment so that you can easily collect the leaves. Once you know what kind of tractor you need, you can start shopping around for the best deal.
Generally speaking, the best time to buy a lawn tractor is in the late summer or early fall. Stores are trying to get rid of their inventory before the cold weather sets in, so they are more likely to offer discounts and promotional deals. However, if you live in an area with mild winters, you can usually find good deals on tractors year-round. The key is to do your research and compare prices from multiple stores before making a purchase.
Best Lawn Tractor In 2022
The Toro TimeCutter Zero Turn Mower is a great choice for individuals who have big grounds and need to cut their grass regularly. This zero-turn version has a 24.5-hp engine and a 60-inch-wide deck. The mower's combination of features allows it to operate at speeds up to 7 mph while cutting grass on huge properties with fewer passes.
The Toro is more than simply quick. It also has a handcrafted, suspended seat that reduces vibration and shock while mowing, pushing snow, or doing other chores. The TimeCutter includes a step-through front end that makes getting on and off this mower a snap.
Also, the TimeCutter series employs Toro's IronForged deck system, which features 10-gauge steel and Kevlar belts for strength. Its only major flaw is that it lacks a PTO output, which is typical for zero-turn lawn mowers because of their design.
- Type: Zero turn
- Deck size: 60 inches
- Horsepower: 24.5
- A wide mower deck allows for more efficient cutting.
- The handcrafted seat helps reduce vibrations while you're operating the tractor.
- Step through the front end makes it easy to get on and off the machine.
- Uses the brand's IronForged deck system - ensuring a long lasting, durable product.
- Does not have PTO
The Cub Cadet ZT1 54 cost a bit more than the average ride-on tractor, however it is able to mow large areas quickly. This zero-turn mower has powerful features such as a 24-hp engine and a 54-inch wide mowing deck. It also pairs speed with agility, allowing the operator to change directions quickly without damage to the lawn.
The ZT1 54 is not only powerful, but also has adjustable lap bars and a comfortable, fully adjustable seat. Its full tubular frame protects the engine while still allowing easy access for maintenance, and its welded-on hitch makes it compatible with all Cub Cadet accessories. Although some users might find that this model does not come equipped with fenders, it more than makes up for it in convenience with built-in headlights.
- Type: Zero turn
- Deck size: 54 inches
- Horsepower: 24
- Affordable price point for a zero-turn mower.
- Adjustable lap bars and seat for comfort while in use.
- Full tubular frame for strength and rigidity during operation.
- Built-in headlights allow you to see clearly even in low light conditions.
- The fenders are an extra cost on this model.
With the Troy-Bilt Bronco 46K mower, you can have your cake and eat it too. This riding lawnmower is affordably priced without skimping on features or functionality, so you can save money without sacrificing performance.
This mower is ideal for small to midsize lawns with its 46-inch deck and can tow items like aerators, scarifiers, spreaders, and garden carts with the built-in hitch system. The 18-hp engine provides ample power for most uses including hauling dirt or moving snow (with snow chains and a properly sized plow).
One might say the only drawback to this mower is that it's a little too small for bigger properties; however, it truly excels in smaller to midsize yards. It has an impressive 18-inch turning radius for a riding mower-- users can quickly spin this garden tractor around for the next pass.
- Type: Riding lawn mower
- Deck size: 46 inches
- Horsepower: 18
- The turning radius is tight, making it easy to maneuver the mower.
- It has a built-in hitch which allows you to attach other tools easily.
- Though the price is not super cheap, it is affordable and worth the quality.
- The deck size is large for its compact design.
- If you have a big property, this mower will not be able to cover all of it since it's too small.
Factors to consider when purchasing a lawn tractor
When purchasing a lawn tractor, you should consider the size of your yard, the terrain of your yard, and what kind of attachments you might need. You should also think about how often you will be using the tractor and whether you need a model that is easy to operate and maintain. Another important factor to consider is your budget. Lawn tractors can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars, so it is important to set a budget and stick to it.
If you take the time to consider all of these factors, you will be sure to find the best lawn tractor for your needs. And, by shopping at the right time, you can get a great deal on your purchase.
Benefits of owning a lawn tractor
It is a good idea to own a lawn tractor for a number of reasons.
- First, they can save you a lot of time and energy when compared to using a push mower.
- Lawn tractors are also great for those who have large yards or difficult terrain.
- And, finally, many models come with attachments that can make yard work easier, such as bags for collecting leaves or attachments for tilling soil.
How do you know if you’re getting a good deal on a lawn tractor?
There are a few things you can look for to make sure you're getting a good deal on a lawn tractor. First, check to see if the store is offering any promotions or discounts. Many stores will offer special financing deals or coupons around major holidays. You should also compare prices between different stores before making your purchase. And, finally, be sure to read the reviews before purchasing a tractor. You won't have to deal with any surprises later.
By following these tips, you can be sure to find a great deal on a lawn tractor that will meet your needs.
How can you keep your lawn tractor working for a long time?
There are a few things you can do to care for your lawn tractor and make it last for many years.
- First, be sure to read the owner's manual and follow the manufacturer's recommendations for maintenance and upkeep. This will help ensure that your tractor is always in good working condition.
- You should also regularly clean the tractor, especially after using it in wet or muddy conditions.
- And, be sure to store the tractor in a dry and protected place during the winter months.
By following these tips, you can keep your lawn tractor in good condition for many years to come. With proper care, your tractor will be an invaluable tool for keeping your yard looking its best.
Lawn tractors are an essential piece of equipment for anyone who wants to maintain a well-groomed yard. When shopping for a lawn tractor, it is important to keep in mind what type of tractor you need and what time of year it is.
Generally speaking, the best time to buy a lawn tractor is in the late summer or early fall when stores are trying to get rid of their inventory before the cold weather sets in. However, if you do your research, you can usually find good deals on tractors year-round.