Toro Electric Lawn mower: Ultimate Guide
TORO is a trusted name when it comes to mowing. The company has been around for over 100 years now providing quality lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc. This includes electric lawn mowers. I have listed down the top 4 electric lawn mowers from TORO. Let’s take a look at these great machines and see how they perform..
What is Toro Electric Lawn mower?
Toro is one of the most loved electric lawn mowers. They are designed to make your lawn care job easier and more convenient. With proper maintenance, these machines can provide years of service before needing any replacement parts or servicing.
- Power to Get the Job Done – Tackle any job in a single charge with the most powerful battery (L405) in its class and mow up to 50 minutes.
- Four Season Power – Fully interchangeable 60V Flex-Force battery that works across an entire team of 35+ unbeatable tools with best-in-class performance.
- Vortex Technology – Increased airflow to supercharge your mowing.
- Light and Bright – Start the first time and every time with reliable push-button start, dual LED headlights and low maintenance with battery power.
This isn’t just any walk-behind mower. The 60V MAX* Super Recycler is what other mowers aspire to be. Leveraging time-tested Toro engineering, the Super Recycler delivers the perfect cut every time, while nourishing your lawn to provide a rich, green cut that landscape pros relish. Fertilize your lawn while you mow with Toro’s Super Recycler® Cutting System. Our top-of-the line dual blade accelerators, deliver samurai sword sharpness, combined with under-deck wedges to shave down clippings into an ultra-fine mulch, adding nutrients, Lawn Vitamins, back into your lawn. Married with Vortex Technology and the commercial-grade Bagging Tunnel, Toro has enhanced the process of moving clippings around, sending them further back into the mulching bag so you empty less often. Simply put, it’s the perfect expression for lawn mowing, mulching or bagging. A mower’s dream.
*Battery manufacturer rating = 60V maximum & 54V typical usage. Actual voltage varies with load.
- A Mower That Adjusts to You – No knobs, no levers, no messing around. Grab the easy-to-steer handle and go with Personal Pace Auto-Drive.
- Supercharged Cutting Machine – We’ve supercharged the Recycler Cutting System creating a performance boosting machine through Vortex Technology.
- Super Bagger – Get the job done more easily than ever with our new Super Bagger, shaped for easier lifting, no-shake pouring and zero-hassle cleanup.
- Feed Your Lawn – The ultra-fine clippings created by our Recycler Cutting System are Lawn Vitamins™, nourishing your grass.
Introducing a mower that adjusts to you, with no knobs, no levers, no messing around. Grab the easy-to-steer handle, engage, and go – with Personal Pace Auto-Drive™. Supercharge your mowing with an amped airflow that requires less energy to cut more grass into teeny-tiny, clumpless clippings. That’s our Vortex Technology™ giving you Lawn Vitamins™ for free.
Throw on the grass bag and start your lawn vacuum that holds more so you empty less. In total, it’s a boatload of features that easily make you and your lawn look great in less time. This machine starts the first time, every time, and is built to last with a 22″ steel deck. Powered by a 7.25 ft-lb Gross Torque Briggs & Stratton® EXi 150cc w/Ready Start – no need to prime or choke. Includes added feature – no oil changes for the life of the engine, just top it off.
- Easy Start – Starts the first time, every time with an electric start.
- Super Power Muscle – Long lasting durability with the commercial grade cast aluminum deck.
- Next-Level Mowing – Superior clean cut performance with dual blade accelerator and wedges.
- Personal Pace Auto-Drive – Self-propel technology that goes when you go, in perfect engineered harmony with your walking pace.
Easy Street. This is only the beginning, once the engine’s revving, and handy options like electric start, deliver. Leveraging time-tested Toro engineering, the Super Recycler delivers the perfect cut every time, while nourishing your lawn to provide a rich, green cut that landscape pros relish. Fertilize your lawn while you mow with Toro’s Super Recycler® Cutting System. Our top-of-the line dual blade accelerators, deliver samurai sword sharpness, combined with under-deck wedges to shave down clippings into an ultra-fine mulch, adding nutrients, Lawn Vitamins, back into your lawn.
Married with Vortex Technology and the commercial-grade Bagging Tunnel, Toro has enhanced the process of moving clippings around, sending them further back into the mulching bag so you empty less often. Simply put, it’s the perfect expression of lawn mowing, mulching or bagging. When you’re done simply fold, lock and store your Toro anywhere in your garage or shed with SmartStow®. A mower’s dream.
- Electric Power – Your mower will start the first time, every time, with a simple push-button electric start.
- Ready To Work – The 60 Volt battery has intelligent battery software to maximize run time and power. (Battery not included and sold separately.)
- Pick Your Pace – You have pinpoint control over your mowing speed with the Personal Pace® Self-Propel System.
- Extended Life – Enjoy less friction, lower maintenance and less wear on your engine with a high-performance brushless DC motor.
The Toro Super Recycler series has a patented cutting technology in which the Recycler cutting system creates Lawn Vitamins™ out of your grass into ultra-fine clippings and then in nourishes your grass and cultivates a greener, more lush lawn. Take mowing creature comforts to the next level with FLEX Handle suspension and hassle-free maintenance. When you’re done, lock and store your Toro practically anywhere in your garage or shed with SmartStow®. And you can rest easy knowing Toro stands behind its mowers with a 5-year full warranty. Count on it. (60V Battery not included and sold separately.)
How to maintain your new TORO mower properly so that it lasts longer, saves energy, and continues to perform at its best?
The first and possibly most important thing to do is to use your mower as the manufacturer intended and read and follow the Owner’s Manual that comes with your TORO mower. Following those instructions will help you assure your Toro will give you years of quality performance. In addition, there are a few important maintenance tasks that it is beneficial to perform on your Toro mower. Those tasks include:
Before you start your mower for the first time or before you use it after it has been stored during the winter months, you should do a quick check of a few items on your Toro’s engine. Start by checking the air filter to see if it’s dirty. Simply remove the cover and wipe off any dirt with a damp cloth. Be sure to check that all of the screws are snug (not overly tight)and replace your air filter cover. The next item is the spark plug. We recommend routinely replacing this item at least once a year or every 100 hours of use. If your mower is equipped with a primer button than you will need to push it in before you start the engine.
Questions to ask before buying a TORO ELECTRIC LAWN MOWER
How long can you cut on each charge? Cordless electric lawn mowers usually run around 30-45 minutes on full charge depending on your yard and cutting conditions such as the number of lawn mower blades on your Toro, battery charge level, how often you stop to clear debris from under the deck of Toro mower etc.
Can I buy a replacement 60V MAX* Lithium-Ion Battery? You can if your Toro electric lawnmower is less than three years old and still covered
What is the warranty? Most Toro electric lawnmowers come with a 5-year full warranty, but some cordless electric lawn mower manufactures such as GreenWorks will include an additional 2-year Warranty when you purchase their 40V (or higher) Lithium-ion battery and charger which doesn’t make much since because they should be independent of one another.
Can I use the Toro mower to edge and bag grass too? Some cordless electric lawn mowers such as GreenWorks G-MAX 40V can be used like a gas powered lawnmower and it has other features that makes it even more versatile including an attachment for edging and bagging grass,
How much does the Toro electric cordless lawn mower cost? The price can vary depending on manufacturer, features, warranty and etc…but expect to pay between $400-$500 for a decent midrange (not bottom of line) electric cordless lawn mower.